|This beautifully seasoned chicken, barbecued over a charcoal fire, is very popular and is sold at roadside food stalls all over the northeastern state of Kelantan.|
1) Mix the marinade, combine with the chicken and set aside for 1 hour.
2) Chop the spice paste ingredients and blend finely.
3) Heat Oil in a frying-pan and fry the spice paste, tamarind and lemon grass for 5 minutes.
4) Add water and cook for another 3 minutes.
5) Put in Coconut Milk, sugar and salt and simmer over a medium fire for 5 minutes.
6) Barbecue the chicken over a low charcoal fire or under a grill, basting frequently with the gravy, until the chicken is cooked.
Good Luck and please let me know how you get on !!!